Objectives and Services
The objective of the NIBIOHN is to contribute to the improvement of the health of Japanese people. It does so by 1) preparing the foundation for the enhancement of technologies related to drugs, medical devices. and other products by conducting research on universal technologies that are useful for the development of these products. including biological resources such as medicinal plants. and implementing services such as promotion of research and development in the private sector and other settings: and 2) by improving public health by conducting surveys and studies pertaining to the maintenance and promotion of the health, nutrition, and diet of Japanese people. NIBIOHN is engaging in the following six projects and services under the Health Promotion Act.
- Research and support of drug discovery related to fundamental technologies
- Research and support of drug discovery related to biological resources
- Promotion of development of drugs and other products
- Surveys and studies pertaining to the maintenance and promotion of the health of Japanese people
- Surveys and studies regarding the nutrition and diet of Japanese people
- Nutrition physiology tests of food